POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Weekly calibration : Re: Weekly calibration Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weekly calibration
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 20 Apr 2009 14:52:07
Message: <49ecc457$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Given that truly random sequences are normal, and in a normal sequence
> every block of a particular length occurs with equal probability, and
> we're talking an infinite sequence, it follows that the bard is in there
> somewhere.  If I'm not mistaken about the math of it.

	What's a "truly random" sequence?

	I think I know what you mean, because I used to think the same, but
that's just my bias - I don't think there's any mathematical backing. Or
rather, the "truly random" is just yet another distribution  like the
Gaussian, etc.

	(And be careful when you say Normal. The distribution called "normal"
in probability is the Gaussian distribution, which I think is not what
you meant).

--
"Now we all know map companies hire guys who specialize in making map
folding a physical impossibility" - Adult Kevin Arnold in "Wonder Years"

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl