POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monsters vs Aliens : Monsters vs Aliens Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Monsters vs Aliens
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Apr 2009 01:34:42
Message: <49ec0972$1@news.povray.org>
Watched this weekend with my daughter.  She was delighted, as every
other kid in the room.  Me too! :)  First time I saw an anaglyph movie
and it's nothing short of breathtaking!  Besides, there's just enough of
lovely Shrek-like humor.  The 50's B-movies nod was wonderful.  Oh,
there's also some story there, passable but enough for the entertainment
purpose...

I realize now Dreamworks is a modern day Warner Cartoon Studios, relying
on frantic, fast-paced zany visual humor mixing various pop culture
references by the tons/frame with just a hint of background story just
like in the Looney Tunes spirit, while Pixar goes the old Disney way of
good story-first, action/humor second.

Stephen Colbert as the President of USA should be hilarious enough
(although I watched a dubbed version with my daughter).  His meeting
with the alien robot is worth of the whole ticket entry.

Last but not least, it's an incredible visual feast, not only the
anaglyph:  rendering is The Incredibles on crack.