POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 08:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2009 14:16:56
Message: <49ea1917@news.povray.org>
> >   So if you did not deliberately nitpick, then what is the other possible
> > alternative?

> That you're talking to people with a different perspective of what "just
> editing" means, complaining that they have a different perspective, then
> getting mad because they don't understand what your complaint is when you
> use the same words they do to mean something different?

  Having a different concept of what a term means (which is understandable)
is rather different from deliberately misinterpreting when someone uses that
term to mean something slightly different.

  If I say "vi does not work like most other editors because when you start
it up you can't just start editing the text right away", isn't it rather
clear what I'm referring to, without having to write an essay about the
subject to make it absolutely clear? Even if you disagree with what is
meant by "start editing right away", I don't think it's difficult to
understand what I'm referring to, ie. what is the first basic difference
between vi and most other editors.

  In the context in question, starting to nitpick about what "start editing
the text right away" means was irrelevant and uncalled for. It was not the
point.

--
                                                          - Warp