POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 06:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2009 14:03:40
Message: <49ea15fb@news.povray.org>
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 06:18:09 -0400, Warp wrote:

> > He (as well as Darren) deliberately chose to ignore what I was saying

> *plonk*

  I wonder what really is the point in killfiling a regular visitor here.

  The only effect which that will achieve is that you will end up seeing
most of my posts anyways (because people tend to quote), and the threading
of discussions will become broken because your news reader will drop posts
inside the thread.

  Of course it's not really a question of not seeing anymore what I write
(assuming you killfiled me for real in the first place, rather than simply
pretending). It's just a way of you being pompous and arrogant, to show
how deeply "offended" you are.

  It's also an easy way of trolling, which is quite successful, I must admit.
Killfiling someone usually means that most if not all of what he writes is
insulting or inflammatory. Nobody kills someone just because he makes one
or two inflammatory posts among thousands. The only reason to do it (or
pretend doing it) is to taunt.

> Have fun.

  Well, you have fun with your broken threads and having to read my posts
quoted by other people anyways, if you really killfiled me. (If you are
just pretending, then you are more arrogant than I assumed.)

--
                                                          - Warp