POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 20:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Apr 2009 16:41:08
Message: <49e8e964$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Nothing more fake than claiming a language is about as fast as C, when
> in fact it's *compiled as C*, in the first place.

Nah. Being a high-level language that compiles down to C that's as fast as
one might have written manually in C is pretty impressive.

Being *slower* than "native" C while compiling down to C is easy. Being as
fast as C when compiling down to C is tough. Being faster than C is (I'd
say) impossible if you actually have C as an intermediate language.

Otherwise, SQL is nothing more than fancy assembly language.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)