POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Body math : Re: Body math Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Body math
From: scott
Date: 17 Apr 2009 08:51:39
Message: <49e87b5b@news.povray.org>
> As I say, a "1/4 burger" only weighs 1/4 lb BEFORE you cook it. Also, she
> didn't just eat the burger; it was in a bun.

I assumed they would actually weigh the food just before it was eaten rather
than rely on the name...

> But sure, knowing Braniac, I doubt the highest standards of scientific
> measurement were employed. ;-)

I doubt you can actually buy a weighing machine with enough accuracy for
that.  The most expensive medical one I could find that went up to 100 kg
only offered an accuracy of 150 g, which is pretty useless when the burger
weighs less than that.  I just don't think a machine that can weigh up to
100 kg is practically possible with an accuracy of 1 g, the tolerances
involved in manufacturing and calibration would be insane!