POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : AOI pattern : Re: AOI pattern Server Time
5 Oct 2024 18:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AOI pattern
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Apr 2009 17:57:36
Message: <49e65850@news.povray.org>
Lukas Winter wrote:

> Because of this I would expect angle-of-incidence-depenedent shading to
> reside in a finish block rather than being a pattern.

Although physically more reasonable, the pattern approach
probably gives more freedom, just see Edouards sample scene
for variable blurring based on aoi. Also, compatibility
with scenes designed for MegaPOV may be helpful.

Actually you've made me think about possible (mis)uses of other
finishy properties for patterns. Hmmm, diffuse lighting strength
pattern, reflection pattern (distance?), highlight pattern ... ;)