POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: scott
Date: 15 Apr 2009 03:21:02
Message: <49e58ade$1@news.povray.org>
>> Really, I wish MS would ban software that doesn't at least use the
>> standard font, menus, toolbars, dialogs etc.
>
> Emacs and vi were around long before Microsoft began selling DOS.  Their
> standards are as valid in their context as Microsoft's in their products.

Sure, but if you write or port a program to run under windows it should
follow at least some basic style guidelines.  IIRC they are on the MS
website somewhere under their "logo program".  It makes life easier for
everyone using that OS, rather than ending up with a mish-mash of programs
all doing everything their own way.