POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro : Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 14 Apr 2009 16:32:17
Message: <49e4f2d1$1@news.povray.org>
>> I was thinking more along the lines of
>>
>>   FOR /R %f IN (*) DO echo %f
>
> Yes. But the right answer is "both, depending on what options you give."

Probably, yes. (I already figured out - for another problem - that %~nf
strips the file extension.) Personally, I'm not fond of all these funky
abbriviations. I'd refer something like %{drop suffix %f} or something.

>>> Like we said...  There's literally 5 screens of options.
>> ...and no way of reading it easily. :-P
>
> Uh, why not?  I assume you're literate, you have a Windows machine, and
> a keyboard and screen, or you wouldn't be asking about it.

Have you tried using the Windows pager? It's horrid. :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/