POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
18 May 2024 15:55:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: scott
Date: 14 Apr 2009 08:40:18
Message: <49e48432$1@news.povray.org>
> My editor of choice is currently SciTE, so let's see how it compares
> against this checklist...

Mine is TextPad, suits the job nicely for me, I especially like the tabbed
browsing through documents similar to a lot of modern software.

http://www.textpad.com/products/textpad/features.html

> On the other hand, nobody rants on about how amazing SciTE is, but Emacs
> is considered the One True Editor. I'm just trying to figure out why -

I've not heard this anywhere, every time I've heard emacs mentioned it is
usually in a bad way.  Even my 2 friends at Universtiy who were totally into
Linux stuff laughed when we were told to use emacs in one of our practical
lessons, and proceeded to use something else (I forget what).