POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good non-political documentaries? : Re: Good non-political documentaries? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good non-political documentaries?
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 10 Apr 2009 11:03:17
Message: <49df5fb5$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> There's a few I've seen recently which I enjoyed:
>
> - The King of Kong: A fistfull of quarters
> (way better than it sounds from the description. I really liked it)

	I liked it until I discovered how much of it wasn't true (or rather,
misleading). (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

	The whole notion that Billy was avoiding Steve was created using
selective editing - it simply wasn't true. They in fact did meet at the
restaurant. Furthermore, they had met years earlier prior to the events
in the documentary.

	A number of people had broken Billy's 1982 record prior to the events
of the film - including Steve! When they rejected Steve's submission
(the "first" one in the film), they never pointed out that the official
record prior to that submission belonged to Steve himself (he had set it
in 2003).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_kong#Disputed_facts

http://forums.twingalaxies.com/viewforum.php?f=86

--
186,000 miles/sec: Not just a good idea, it's the LAW.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl