POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Return of the Rapid Radiosity : Re: Return of the Rapid Radiosity Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Return of the Rapid Radiosity
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 10 Apr 2009 07:38:32
Message: <49df2fb8@news.povray.org>

> This is great news; I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you've put into this!
> The radiosity issues have been one of the things holding me back from using 3.7
> frequently.

   Same feeling here...

 > I guess a linux build is too much to hope...? Well, I can always
 > build it myself if need be.

   I verified that new betas run smoothly with Wine, both the installer and
the program. I did some quick tests with several scenes of mine, and it
worked as expected (it even used all the threads available). And being a
limited time beta, the Wine route seems more practical than expending hours
trying to build it yourself ,each time a new beta comes out (at least for me).

--
Jaime