POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro : Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 12:39:17
Message: <49de24b5$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Does that work recursively?

for /R %I in ....
for /R drive:path %I in ...

You have Windows there, don't you? The "for" command has like five pages of
options.  for /?

> Slightly more fun is trying to make it produce the exact same output as
> the Unix MD5 tool so it's portable between OSes... ;-)

Probably easier to take the result from UNIX and format it to what Windows
creates. That sort of stuff is how UNIX works.

The basic difference between UNIX scripting and Windows scripting is that
UNIX scripting is defined on file formats while the Windows scripting is
defined over APIs.  Personally, I think APIs are the way to go, but file
formats allow for easier quick-and-dirty stuff compared to future proofing
and portability.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)