POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro : Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 11:56:54
Message: <49de1ac6@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Umm I typed into google "md5 checksum windows",

And, fwiw, the term "win32" usually gives better hits than "windows" if
you're looking for ports of GNU stuff to native windows.

>> Under Windows... well, there's a CLI tool that will compute the MD5
>> sum for *one* file, but you try scripting it to process several...)
>
> If you have ever done any windows scripting it should be a piece of
> cake, this is pretty standard stuff for dealing with files in scripts:
>
> Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder("folder name")
> Set Files = Folder.Files
> For Each File in Files
>  do something with File.Name here
> Next

Or just
for %I in (*.txt) do md5 %I >>checksums.txt
or whatever parameters you want. It's not like Windows doesn't have a shell. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)