POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro : Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
From: scott
Date: 9 Apr 2009 05:23:18
Message: <49ddbe86$1@news.povray.org>
> (E.g., you try finding a tool that can compute the MD5 sums of all the
> files in a given folder and write them into a text file.

Umm I typed into google "md5 checksum windows", the 2nd result looked
promising so I clicked it, and it seems to offer a free command-line tool
that does exactly what you want.  It took like 10 seconds, Linux takes
longer than that to boot.

> Under Windows... well, there's a CLI tool that will compute the MD5 sum
> for *one* file, but you try scripting it to process several...)

If you have ever done any windows scripting it should be a piece of cake,
this is pretty standard stuff for dealing with files in scripts:

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Folder = FSO.GetFolder("folder name")
Set Files = Folder.Files
For Each File in Files
  do something with File.Name here
Next