POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Can you solve Magnatune's problems? : Re: Can you solve Magnatune's problems? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you solve Magnatune's problems?
From: scott
Date: 9 Apr 2009 03:00:22
Message: <49dd9d06$1@news.povray.org>
> Yeah.  Allow people X downloads per day without donating, or unlimited if
> they've donated.
>
> That'll raise the ratio of givers to takers.

Yeh, that model is so popular that I guess it works.  Allow people some
restricted version for free, then get them to pay up for unrestricted
access.  The key choices are how much to charge and how much to restrict for
the free version to get maximum profit.  A bit of market research and
financial modelling should get you in the right ball-park with those
decisions.