POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Explanation of source code : Re: Explanation of source code Server Time
29 Apr 2024 11:05:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explanation of source code
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Apr 2009 01:19:29
Message: <49dd8561@news.povray.org>
May I suggest you check out the books listed in the documentation for
understanding the algorithms used in POV-Ray? It is not like the algorithms
were conjured up by the POV-Team from thin air ;-) Well, actually some were,
but that is another story...

There is plenty of other ray-tracing literature out there, too. If you need
well-annotated ray-tracing source code, I would recommend the book
"Physically Based Rendering", which explains pretty must everything there is
necessary to know.

Grown source code like that in POV-Ray is not particularly suited to learn
the basics of ray-tracing. Books are much better for that :-)

	Thorsten, POV-Team