POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good non-political documentaries? : Good non-political documentaries? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Good non-political documentaries?
From: Shay
Date: 8 Apr 2009 15:56:05
Message: <49dd0155$1@news.povray.org>
Just watched Helvetica and Crumb.

Helvetica was a bit dull. Too many designers interviewed, not enough
depth. It's more interesting now to go back and read about some of the
most notable (Pro-helvetica Massimo Vignelli and anti-helvetica Erik
Spiekermann). I got interested by exploring Helvetica's cousin Univers
when drafting some bicycle logos. Like the font; Don't like the movie.

Hadn't ever heard of Crumb. Still don't have any interest in his art.
But the movie is excellent. Watched it twice. Take away the drawing
talent, and Crumb is my friend (best man at my wedding) David.

Suggestions?

  -Shay