POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A tricky rendering problem : Re: A tricky rendering problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A tricky rendering problem
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 8 Apr 2009 11:51:09
Message: <49dcc7ed$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible a écrit :
> One small issue is that for the graphs I'm interested in, the ordering
> of the edges is significant. That is,
>
>   n25 -> n82
>   n25 -> n133
>
> means something different to
>
>   n25 -> n133
>   n25 -> n82
>
> But dot will of course render them identically. I'm wondering if there's
> a way to work round that. Maybe add some smaller nodes to label the
> edges? (Presumably you can do that?)

Oh, you can even add labels to the edges directly withput having to add
a node :-)

If edge order is important apparently adding ordering=out at the graph
level will draw the outgoing edges of each node in the order they are
encountered. Of course this will possibly create more edge
interesections than necessary...

Anyway, I'm not saying that GraphViz can do absolutely anything you
might need. But you should look into it deeper than just "it broke down
the day I fed it an enormous graph with all the options at their default
value" :-D And the documentation seems good enough...

I wonder what your own tool would do with the graphs you tested dot on
originally, by the way ;-)

--
Vincent