POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just one of those questions : Re: Just one of those questions Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just one of those questions
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Apr 2009 16:20:43
Message: <49dbb59b$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I had the good fortune (I think) to be able stand beside it and stroke it.

The tongues are actually exceptionally slimey. :-)  Or maybe that was just
because they were drooling because we were feeding them.

Orchid XP v8 wrote:
 > Of course, the really worrying thing about a giraffe is that it can
 > apparently eat bushes encrusted with murderous spines without any injury...

That's because they use their tongues to pick the leaves, much like you
could pick berries off a holy bush without too much trouble.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)