POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!! : Re: Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rumor has it POVRay 4 will be released very soon!!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 7 Apr 2009 08:36:25
Message: <49db48c9$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> * True photon tracing, for ultra-realism
> * Quantum surface simulation, Accurately scatters light
> * Colors may now be defined in any number of models, including a new
> vector1000 type that will allow full spectrum lighting and surfaces
> * Real fluorescence and phosphorescence (in animations) simulations
> * Includes simulations for cloth, space-time fabric, and real gravity
> * Integrated with an enhanced version of Moray
> * True iridescent surface properties.
> * Enhanced media adds realism
> * Integrated particle simulation
> * A new help feature: POVRay licenses Clippy from Microsoft

Dang. All of that and I missed "Subsurface Scattering" which is now
released with the latest beta of 3.7 ...

I'm still playing with it a bit. I want to update one of my scenes to
use SSS as opposed to scattering media... but haven't gotten around to
it yet, still prodding the thing to see what it can do.
--
~Mike