POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Which archive format? : Which archive format? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:45:54 EDT (-0400)
  Which archive format?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 7 Apr 2009 07:19:59
Message: <49db36df@news.povray.org>
I've started to rough out some of the issues with extracting doc packages
from the wiki, and I have a question about what format to bundle the
packages of files that the user can download. I've done some research but
find one area that I'm out of my element ..... Mac OS.

After looking at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_(file_format)

Its seems that zip format of one flavour or another is supported across all
the platforms that POV cares about.
I'm good to go with win/linux/unix, but like I said mac .... well the wiki
article eluded to support being added to later versions of mac os.

Is zip format a safe bet ... or would you use something else?

Jim