POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good Cookie v2.0 : Re: Good Cookie v2.0 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good Cookie v2.0
From: somebody
Date: 6 Apr 2009 21:36:29
Message: <49daae1d$1@news.povray.org>
news:49da21a9@news.povray.org...
> Jim Holsenback wrote:

> > I tend to use pinch of this pinch of that method .....
>
> Heh. Ever tried to weigh out 0.5 mg of a crystaline substance? It's not
> easy. ;-)

Why 0.5mg? I'm pretty sure if a recipe calls for 0.5mg of salt, anything
between 0mg and 3mg will work just fine, depending on your taste. Just add
roughly the same amount of salt you'd add to similar volumeof soup, salad...
etc. We are not trying to land on the moon here. Reminds me of the oft
stated "objection" to switching to metric units: "What, I'm going to have to
ask for 0.4539 kg of tomatoes from now on?"