POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : hrmgrblRADIOSITYgrmblgrr3.6rmbl3.7BETAumblgrrrrrr.... : Re: hrmgrblRADIOSITYgrmblgrr3.6rmbl3.7BETAumblgrrrrrr.... Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hrmgrblRADIOSITYgrmblgrr3.6rmbl3.7BETAumblgrrrrrr....
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Apr 2009 20:28:57
Message: <49da9e49$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Yuck. 3.6 didn't just cheat - it also had a host of outright design errors.
>
> I'm positively *not* reviving 3.6 radiosity. Maybe re-introducing some of the
> cheats, that's all. In a more systematic, straightforward, well-documented
> fashion. To let future generations know right from the start that it's *not* a
> bug.

Oh, welcome to the club! How often did I have to go down that road with
various patches that made it into 3.5 :-(  And if you are looking for
something else to wonder about, there are some media sampling shortcuts I
did never find the time to fix in 3.7 - although I did try some fixes that
ultimately did not work because they also missed some tricks in the code.

	Thorsten, POV-Team