POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good Cookie v2.0 : Re: Good Cookie v2.0 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good Cookie v2.0
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Apr 2009 11:37:13
Message: <49da21a9@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:

> I tend to use pinch of this pinch of that method .....

Heh. Ever tried to weigh out 0.5 mg of a crystaline substance? It's not
easy. ;-)

>> This is very important.
>> Apparently my mother put 0.5 tablespoons of salt in rather than 0.5
>> teaspoons. Hence the no rising and the burned wheat result. Gah! >_<
>
> never did much bread making or things like that. I DO know that baking soda,
> baking powder and salt measurements are a bit more critical for baking bread
> .... not enough yeast you get hard flat bread .... too much baking soda or
> baking powder gives that saltly taste. I don't generally use salt but if she
> used 1/2 table instead of 1/2 teaspoon that's about 4 times too much. so no
> wonder it didn't turn out.
>
> the cookie recipe is very easy and yes Andrew even you can make it ;-)

Hey, *I* know the difference between the two. ;-) Didn't take me long to
find out the problem... Those poor yeast cells. They must have been
crushed by the extreme osmotic pressure. Why, they probably autolysed
themselves!