POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little : Re: stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little
From: Warp
Date: 6 Apr 2009 11:15:32
Message: <49da1c94@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> No, but you seem to be criticizing them for not supporting older
> operating systems.  I merely pointed out that their refusal to support
> older OSs makes perfect business sense.

  I didn't criticize them for not supporting older versions. I said that
if you use Windows, you will at some point be in the situation that you
will not be getting any security updates anylonger and you will be forced
to buy a new version. Not only will the new version cost quite a lot of
money (I bet usually more than your current version), but the differences
between Windows versions are rather big. If you don't like the new version,
then you are stuck.

  (The main problem with Microsoft is that they have this mentality that
every new version of Windows has to look different just for the sake of
looking different. Whether the change actually improves anything, or on
the contrary, degrades usability, is completely irrelevant.)

--
                                                          - Warp