POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Innovative open source? : Re: Innovative open source? Server Time
9 Oct 2024 10:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Innovative open source?
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Apr 2009 12:47:32
Message: <49d8e0a4$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> It's amazing you can nitpick and even pick a fight for tools you most
> likely don't even care, Darren...

BTW, what tools do you think I'm fighting over?  You need to go back and
reread the thread.

I say "PHP arrays have a feature that Python dicts don't." (More precisely,
in spite of triple_r saying "And dictionaries? Outstanding.", that Python
dictionaries are no different from bog-standard hashtables, unlike in some
other languages.)

You are the one that turned it into "Python rulez! PHP Suxors! PHP is
*wrong* and Python is *right*, and if you can't see that then a thousand
years of mathematicians prove you're stupid!"

I wasn't turning it into a fight at all. I was just being polite and
pretending you actually had a reason for turning it into a discussion rather
than a cheerleading fest, including reading source code of each interpreter
and commenting on the genetic lineage of the authors thereof.

Had you just said "The rest of Python rocks", or "unnecessary features
universally applied can be inefficient", I would have agreed. But you said
"this data structure is incorrect", implying there was something outside the
API of the data structure that would be relevant to other data structures.

I like Python. It's my new favorite language, or will be once I get good at
it. PHP is the suckiest language I've ever been forced to use, with
essentially no redeeming qualities. (Worse even than C++ which *does* have
many redeeming qualities. :-)

So don't give me this "you started a fight" crap just because I was polite
and gave you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't trying to.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)