POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn I hate open source : Re: Damn I hate open source Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn I hate open source
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 4 Apr 2009 12:40:05
Message: <49d78d65$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Judging from thedailywtf.com, proprietary code isn't always much better
> either.

	Especially CAD software - excluding the huge sellers like AutoCAD.
They're actually quite powerful programs, but the documentation is
incredibly poor, and often incorrect. I remember the docs of a certain
EM simulation software giving an example of how to calculate something
that made no sense physically. And the _proper_ way to calculate it was
not in the docs.

--
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl