POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings : Re: request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Apr 2009 10:14:20
Message: <49d76b3c$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:29:03 +1100, Chris Cason
> <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>The limit should now be 5000k. I haven't tested it (though I am sure
>>someone will:)
>>

> I tried to post a 4537K file to p.b.a
>
> Server Povray rejected post to newsgroup p.b.a : Articles may not be lager than
> 1000000 bytes.

Unfortunately there is a maze of settings to negotiate: PHP's post limits,
the web news system post limits (which are in several places), and the NNTP
server's limits. I thought I got them all, but obviously not.

I've just re-started the NNTP server in case it did not reload the config
when I told it to. Could someone please try the post again via the web. If
that doesn't work, please try posting a 2mb or so file via NNTP and see if
that works? At least if it does it will tell me the problem is on the NNTP
or HTTP side.

-- Chris