POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Damn I hate open source : Re: Damn I hate open source Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn I hate open source
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 4 Apr 2009 09:25:18
Message: <49d75fbe$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> Haskell I presume?...
>
> More specifically, every open source project I've ever been hired to
> look into that was intentionally designed to be extended or embedded by
> the end user. None of them (besides Tcl) has ever had any documentation
> on how you're supposed to use the libraries. Applications, sure.
> Something that only programmers see? Why the hell would we need any
> *prose* for that?

I see. Is there a council or .org that regulates open source projects
structure that this kind of projects can base their work on? Or at least
it should be, somewhere they can reference and get their projects in a
more formal and understandable form.

If not, I think someone would think about it.

Cheers.