POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Innovative open source? : Re: Innovative open source? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Innovative open source?
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Apr 2009 14:21:40
Message: <49d653b4$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Well, it didn't start as open source, but now under the GPL (well, dual-
> licensed) is Novell's FLAIM database.  I don't know of any other database
> like it.

There was one a few years ago for doing XML searches. Called Verity or
something, I think. Sounds like this:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/mkvdk22.htm
but maybe I'm seeing something else called verity.

Used it for giant XML databases (like, all the US patents, all the SEC
filings, etc). FLAIM looks much nicer.  I'd have to study it closely to see
if it has surprisingly new features or something, but it's good to know it's
out there.

> There aren't many people who understand it very thoroughly (and I'm not
> one of them).

Looks useful to know about, yes. Thanks!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)