POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestion to collect funds for The POV-Team : Suggestion to collect funds for The POV-Team Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion to collect funds for The POV-Team
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 2 Apr 2009 11:59:42
Message: <49d4e0ee$1@news.povray.org>
Since I didn't find a NG to make this suggestion I'll make it here.

I think is just plain wrong not to make POV-Ray donationware, since you
made the IIRC and the keyrings to finance your expenses right? And the
more advanced POV-Ray gets the more expensive it gets to release it, so
why not some acceptable number of ads and some donation acceptance to
help with it? Is so noble that POV-Ray is free and that is one more
reason we all love it but you don't develop or have a wesite on love
alone, I mean I think the POV-Team needs a hand here IMO, don't they?.
Much less simpler programs charge 5-40 $us and most of them can be done
with little programming knowledge and others get Paypal or PayByCash or
other contributions.

I simply find it not fair at all POV-Ray not being donationware.

Cheers.