POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: Laptop prices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop prices
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Apr 2009 11:10:26
Message: <49d4d562$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> 2 GB is enough,

1 GB is "enough" if you keep a clean install and you don't use it for
memory-sucking programs like POV-Ray. The laptop will probably come loaded
with all kinds of "helpers" that for some reason try to replace (poorly)
what Vista does for you anyway (display controllers, NIC controllers, etc).
But 1G leaves about 450M comfortably free on my wife's machine, so it only
thrashes around a little when she has five or six programs open. Of course,
   a laptop is probably going to have a slower disk, too, so...

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)