POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: Laptop prices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop prices
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Apr 2009 10:31:28
Message: <49d4cc40$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> More like, the stickers on the front say something that looks like
>> gibberish with the occasional "Core 2 Duo" or something thrown in. ;-)
>
> Aww I feel left out now, my laptop didn't have any such stickers :-(
> (well I assume the tiny "Intel Centrino Duo" will be the same in any
> language)
>
> OOC I wonder why they put those stickers on there, on my monitor I have
> 3 such things in barely readable text size that say it's created for
> Windows Vista (WTF!), energy star, and TCO 03.  Will it make me more
> likely to buy it because of those stickers, or are they hoping someone
> else will notice them on my monitor and say "oh wow that Samsung monitor
> you have there is so cool with its 3 tiny stickers like that".

Yes, I especially like the way you buy a laptop and just below the
keyboard there's a huge sticker saying something like

"Experience the future with the new Acer Aspire 1352642. Fitted with the
latest cutting-edge technology, this is truely a laptop of the future.
Fast, powerful and energy efficient, it embodies the Acer vision of the
digital lifestyle. [etc]"

Seriously, WTF??

I ALREADY BOUGHT THE LAPTOP! How is sticking an advert to it going to
make me buy it even more?

Now, if the laptop is sitting in a shop window, that's another matter.
But it isn't. It's sitting in my house, where nobody except me will ever
see it. Go figure...