POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little : Re: stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 1 Apr 2009 14:17:28
Message: <49d3afb8$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:49d3a2c8$1@news.povray.org...
> [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
>

>> Whats the real purpose of this SP I wonder? To suck so bad vista (or even
>> marburg virus) looks good by comparison? To force me to use Gentoo?
>>

> I've wondered that ever since I found the service pack dropped the address
> bar from the taskbar.
>
> Vista has it. XP Used to have it, but now it doesn't.
>
> As for the problems you're having, I haven't had any such problems with
> SP3...
>
> --
> ~Mike

Hmm...thats odd...

SP3 has been doin' me wrong ever since it came out...my system instantly
goes from "rockin fast and fully cooperative" to "slower, more buggy and
stubborn than a legless mule at a maggot farm".

I am seriously considering just ridding myself of the windows scourge
permanantly in favor of either OpenSolaris, Gentoo, Mono or Ubuntu, after
imaging my windows HDD after a reformat and reinstall of all requisite apps,
and then running that from within linux whenever I wanted to use something
none of the nix variants support.

It is really just getting to the point where I can no longer justify the
annoyance of running 'doze.
I'd be happy to stay with xp pro...but MS seems hellbent on forcing the
issue with pissta, and that I do not like..they seem more concerned with
flashy doodads and humdinger thingamabobs than stable functionality...which
is stupid. I'd rather my OS freakin work and do so quickly than have some
asinine glass interface crap, and a kernel that requires half of my system
resources.

This is what happens when natural selection has been so stifled that the
population can be distracted for weeks at a time by small shiny objects. We
get crappy a OS catering to subhuman feces hurling key-eaters.

*fumes*

ian