POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little : stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  stupid XP SP3...needs to piss off a little
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 1 Apr 2009 13:02:49
Message: <49d39e39$1@news.povray.org>
Thats it...I've had it...I've never allowing MS to install that SP ever
again.
The only thing that seems to happen when I allow its installation, is that
IE starts using upwards of 300mb of ram just for thinking about opening a
page (Opera to the rescue), my displays go all funky and I'm forced to have
640x480 and 4bit color, with both mirroring the same content, povray editor
goes all batshit and won't redraw properly, plus other crap that results in
my needing to reformat or uninstall the SP...

Whats the real purpose of this SP I wonder? To suck so bad vista (or even
marburg virus) looks good by comparison? To force me to use Gentoo?

I really am starting to think its retribution for those who don't want to
use vista, to force them to downgrade to vista under the guise of fixing
bugs and patching security flaws, with just enough of that actually in there
to make it not completely a lie to claim so..

I suppose if I were a malevolent, souless devil-spawned black void of a
company, I might just do the same thing.

And I still think ol' billy shouldn't have named his company with the
description of his twig'n'berries.. ;-D

Maybe it is time for me to check out Mono again...perhaps its more stable
this time..

ian