POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frenzy : Re: Frenzy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frenzy
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Apr 2009 09:47:35
Message: <49d37077@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:32:45 +0200, andrel wrote:

> On 1-4-2009 4:03, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:39:00 +0200, andrel wrote:
>>
>>> Reason: it was the final day of my first 20 years of continuous
>>> temporary enployment in my hospital.
>>
>> Congrats!  That's a rare thing (at least here in the US anyways) any
>> more.  We just had a lady retire from our department, <joke>probably
>> the first in the company's history </joke="but probably not far off
>> from the truth"> in January after 22 years
>
> D*mn, I have been beaten. Well, I am still here, so may be when I add
> another couple of years, I can finally get in the Guinness book of
> records.

Heh. :)  I won't tell you how long my dad worked for the same company,
then. ;-)

>> in not only the same company, but essentially the same job, too.
>
> Me too. About 10 years ago I switched departments. From the department
> of Medical Physics collaborating with Experimental Cardiology to the
> department of Experimental Cardiology collaborating with Medical
> Physics. But what I did did not change then, indeed it was in the middle
> of a project. I just changed my staffroom and the place where I had
> predominantly our weekly discussions.

Yeah, Jean had commented that she'd seen so many managers, department
name changes, and reorganizations that she couldn't keep them straight
any more.  Add to that that she thought I'd been around for longer than I
really was (we worked together for only about 4 years) and it got really
confusing - she'd say "You remember Anne somebody?" - to which I'd have
to say "Who?" "You know, our old manager".....Well, not *mine*. :-)

Jim