POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: Laptop prices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop prices
From: scott
Date: 1 Apr 2009 02:48:26
Message: <49d30e3a$1@news.povray.org>
>>   I remember the times whem ~2000 euros (~1850 pounds) was a rather
>> normal
>> price for a desktop computer, and those were (are) much cheaper than
>> laptops.

The first PC I got (as in could run DOS/Windows rather than some other OS)
was in 1997 and it cost 1200 pounds.  IIRC it was a 166 MHz with 16Mb of
RAM.  Before that I had an Acorn machine in around 1992 that was vastly
cheaper (I think like 300 for the computer and 300 for the monitor).

> But then, I also remember crazy stuff like laptops with blue/purple LCD
> displays that rippled when you touch them. ;-)

All my screens still ripple when you touch them :-)