POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?) : Re: Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural texture / Special Effect (Help please?)
From: Alain
Date: 31 Mar 2009 23:16:08
Message: <49d2dc78$1@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye nous illumina en ce 2009-03-31 04:06 -->
> I'm trying to create a special effect for a model I'm working on.  The material
> would be a semi-transparent white stone (with falloff) with micro-crystalline
> inclusions that shift color with the angle and perhaps form geometric patterns.
>
> Now, I suppose the color-shifting and the geometric patterns could be controlled
> effects, rather than natural by-products of the material, but I'm having trouble
> figuring out how to accomplish the desired effect.
>
> It's also possible that I will have to randomly scatter small crystals
> throughout the object.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> A.D.B.

You want reflective speckles in your material. You'll ennd to place them. As
clipka said, use MANY small triangles randomly rotated and scattered trohough
your object.  As clipka suggested, you can give those various colours. You can
also add some irid to them. Be sure that the reflection is not perfect.
Something like reflection 0.7 should be mostly OK.
You may also try to add some fade_color to your object's material.

--
Alain
Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to blurt out
this excuse #1:  I was working smarter - not harder.