POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop prices : Re: Laptop prices Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laptop prices
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Mar 2009 05:25:16
Message: <49d1e17c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I can't even remember when BluRay drives were that expensive - the PS3
> (which includes a BluRay drive) has been out for ages now and never cost
> more than 400 pounds (AFAIK)!
>
> If you want a reader:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158605
>
> or a writer:
>
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136317
>
> or one for the TV:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blu-Ray-Player-Sharp-BD-HP20S-Full-HD/dp/B000VZGO68

Apparently prices have decreased somewhat since I last checked. I can
remember wandering around no end of shops where there's a stack of

you look closely, the only difference is a big BluRay logo. (But, of

Still, I guess BluRay isn't quite so brand-new any more. And with the
demise of HD DVD and all...