POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Good morning, welcome to Monday : Re: Good morning, welcome to Monday Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good morning, welcome to Monday
From: Tom Austin
Date: 30 Mar 2009 14:25:21
Message: <49d10e91$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Weeee, server crash! Server crash! 8-D
>
> There's something... satisfying about waking up the duty server admin at
> 4:30 AM to tell him something mission-critical is broken. ;-)

Back a time ago I worked in a car company manufacturing plant.  They
were setting up new systems to run the plant.  It looked like a bunch of
PCs on a bunch of folding tables to me - until someone tole me that was
their system.  I was a little surprised.

But given that I was not surprised to learn that at one point someone
turned off one power strip - and it took out the entire system.

Apparently each successive power strip was plugged into the previous one.

No wonder car companies are having trouble ;-o

Tom