POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: scott
Date: 30 Mar 2009 09:12:36
Message: <49d0c544$1@news.povray.org>
> If it were true *) a more reasonable answer would be that we are not
> familiar with driving on motorways without traffic jams every 5 minutes.

Or with motorways where people are regularly wanting to go 160 km/hr or
faster, and are not afraid to show you they want to :-)

Actually the biggest difference I noticed between UK and German motorways
are that here in Germany most drivers are really thinking about the other
cars on the road rather than just themselves.  For example, if they see you
are behind and have come up quite quickly, they will move over into even a
small gap just to let you pass, this would NEVER happen in the UK, in fact
the opposite happens, people deliberately don't move even into massive gaps
if they notice you are daring to go faster than 70 mph.