POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 29 Mar 2009 16:39:50
Message: <49cfdc96@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Well, ISTR that most Finnish drivers go through what is described by some
> as the most intensive driving course in the world, and that the exams are
> actually difficult.

Either I can't comply or I am that better-than-average driver that
something like 80% are told to think of themselves (I did drive and get
more lessons than average driving student, as my father teached me).
Once I hit 18, it was pretty clear go-through for the exams and through
all of them (a picture exam, theoretical questions and driving exam) via
one shot. Last summer I upgraded my license so I can pull hevier loads -
 I trained for one night (with a car I've never driven before - luckily
WV Transporter T4 2,4D Syncro is a damn easy car for such exams) and
tried out the picture test with a computer program couple of times at
the same morning I was about to have the exams (4 this time, 10
questions, 50 pictures, handling exam and half an hour of driving) and
I'd say it was easy. OTOH the guy who took the driving exam said it was
actually a pleasant drive :). I guess something like 100Mm in more
hectic traffic than it was there teaches you something ;).

> Jim

-Aero