POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Mar 2009 01:57:37
Message: <49cf0dd1$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Ironically, I read what I wrote again and should clarify that I don't
> think teens sleeping together causes automobile accidents. ;-)

Not *automobile* accidents, no.  Parking While Intoxicated causes accidents.

> But I also have an effective way to divide my attention during that
> drive.  When I get into town, things change, so I tend to get off the
> phone, but on the freeway it's an entirely different matter.

How do you know?

> The new law in Utah would make that illegal.  However, the cops have no
> way of knowing that's what I'm doing.

Then pull off to the side and do it. :-) Seems easy enough.

> likely going to be on the call while I'm driving.

At least here you get to have hands-free conversations. Not that it's all
that much better.

>> impaired and not feel it in the least. Whether it's bad enough to ruin
>> your driving depends on how well you drive before that, I guess.
>
> True.  And how well attuned you are to your own abilities and driving
> habits.

That, and how much room you leave, and etc. I'm not a very good driver any
more, since I no longer commute very far if at all, but I'm smart enough to
know that and leave plenty of space around myself, for example.

> I've only once, for example, been so drunk that I couldn't remember what
> had happened

I've never been that drunk. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)