POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very silly : Re: Very silly Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very silly
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Mar 2009 13:32:01
Message: <49ce5f11$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Linux drives the interests of its creators: The users themselves.

And the problem with this philosophy is when you're a user and not a
creator.  Then you're kind of stuck with whatever a bunch of nerds think is
easy. :-)

>   OTOH, no matter what you do, you will never get the same level of
> integration between the system and those tools as in Linux.

No, but there are Windows shells that are very well integrated.

>   I only wish these things were that easy in Windows.

If it were, it wouldn't be commercial. :-)

[Note I'm not actually disagreeing with anything you said.]

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)