POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cellular automata : Re: Cellular automata Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:02:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cellular automata
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Mar 2009 22:14:45
Message: <49cc3695$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> There is a more recent and even cooler (although equally contrived)
> variation of this idea which uses streams of lightweight spaceships (ie.
> horizontally/vertically moving glider-like patterns) to allow the
> construction of "pixel" like patterns.

Very awesome! Thanks so much for the links and keywords. It's been years
since I seriously looked at anything conway.

If you like this sort of stuff, and you haven't read Permutation City,
http://www.amazon.com/Permutation-City-Greg-Egan/dp/006105481X/
I highly recommend it. One of my favorite novels.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)