POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Cellular automata : Re: Cellular automata Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cellular automata
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Mar 2009 16:11:48
Message: <49cbe184$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Something very much like this has been done in the game of like
> automata.  It's called the "unit cell":

Very cool, thanks. I hadn't thought of using the turing completeness of it
to build a machine to calculate the rules. :-) That makes it much easier to
understand how it could be done.

That's a bit more contrived than I was hoping for, but it's a good start. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)