POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : command-line /Render option : Re: command-line /Render option Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: command-line /Render option
From: Chris B
Date: 26 Mar 2009 14:52:02
Message: <49cbced2$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote in message
>I can call pvengine.exe from a Python script using the +I option to render
>a specific scene file. This works on Windows and presumably on Linux and
>Mac. But it doesn't work on Windows when POV-Ray is already running and the
>"keep single instance" option is set. In this case I need to use the
>/RENDER option instead.

Actually /RENDER seems to work in both cases on Windows, but the help says
it's Windows only. So I guess I just need to use this always on Windows and
+I for all other platforms. I don't have other platforms to test on, so if
anyone's done this and can confirm or refute my conclusion that would be
great.

Regards,
Chris B.