POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Mar 2009 22:30:40
Message: <49cae8d0$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:12:20 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Heh, I saw that one come up recently.
>
> My brother (a cop) once stopped a guy in a truck for using the commuter
> lane[1] with only one person in the truck. His argument was that since
> the back of the truck held a couple dozen frozen bodies on the way to
> the medical school, he had plenty of people to meet the commuter limit.
> Judge said "We'll let you off this time, but don't do it again." :-)

Heh.....That's good, I know my cousin (who's a Sheriff's deputy) has lots
of stories like that.  Best quote from him to date:  "I love my job.
Where else do I get to shoot guns, drive fast, and mess with people?"

> There was also a case here where a lady got stopped for being alone in
> the commuter lane. She pointed out she's 8 months pregnant, and if she
> can't have an abortion it must be because the "baby" counts.  The judges
> actually agreed with this one. :-)

Seems reasonable to me....

> [1] Special lane on the freeway reserved for cars with multiple people,
> which tends to go faster during rush-hour, because americans are too
> lazy to find neighbors going the same way at the same time to save gas.
> :-)

Yeah, we have those here as well, though you can buy a tag that lets you
use it as a single person occupied vehicle.  They also give the tags to
people who drive hybrids.

Jim