POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point : Re: I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I knew this would happen at some point
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Mar 2009 22:12:23
Message: <49cae487$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Heh, I saw that one come up recently.

My brother (a cop) once stopped a guy in a truck for using the commuter
lane[1] with only one person in the truck. His argument was that since the
back of the truck held a couple dozen frozen bodies on the way to the
medical school, he had plenty of people to meet the commuter limit. Judge
said "We'll let you off this time, but don't do it again." :-)

There was also a case here where a lady got stopped for being alone in the
commuter lane. She pointed out she's 8 months pregnant, and if she can't
have an abortion it must be because the "baby" counts.  The judges actually
agreed with this one. :-)

[1] Special lane on the freeway reserved for cars with multiple people,
which tends to go faster during rush-hour, because americans are too lazy to
find neighbors going the same way at the same time to save gas. :-)
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   There's no CD like OCD, there's no